keskiviikko 10. tammikuuta 2018

NYPL revisited



New York Public Library 


I walk up to the magnificent library ahead, and I’m greeted by two stone lions lounging on their own little podiums, staring into the distance of East 41st street. Cool autumn wind blows softly against my hair as we near the entrance. My body shivers slightly and I feel excitement bubbling inside of me. The interior of the library is breath-taking; sleek stone flooring meets my feet, history gushes through my pores, a voice seems to whisper in my ear, welcome to the Astor hall.   


New York Public Library, a library with a collection of 53 million books and other items is the second largest public library in the United States, and fourth largest in the world. It is a non-profit institution operating with both private and public financing, branching out to the boroughs of Manhattan, The Bronx and Staten Island, and also with academic and professional libraries in the metropolitan area of New York City.  
The library was built for everyone to use without any expenses, and so it stands to this day open to those who seek information. 




Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti