torstai 12. tammikuuta 2017

Guggenheim on October 15, 2016

Guggenheim




I had been to the Solomon R. Guggenheim museum the last time I was in New York but unfortunately that time the main and the most famous part of the building, a swirl like structure, was closed so seeing the whole building inside was a fresh and a great experience. I liked the architecture of the building and think that it does deserve all the fame that it has gained because of its looks.
   The main exhibition was not that good. The paintings were beautiful but that was about it, they didn’t have anything else to them. All of them looked kind of same and there were a lot of them. The other exhibition,
Thannhauser Gallery, that I went to I did like. I already knew some of the paintings and it was splendid to see them in real life. Some of the paintings that I liked were Before the Mirror by Édouard Manet, Dancers in Green and Yellow by Edgar Degas, Place Vintimille by Édouard Vuillard and especially Woman Ironing by Pablo Picasso. They are all different from each other and painted by very skilled painters. I also visited the Guggenheim Collection that, compared to the other exhibitions, had very different kinds of paintings. In that exhibition I liked The City by Robert Delaumay and Black Lines by Vasily Kandinsky.




   All in all I did enjoy my time in Guggenheim and thought that it was one of the most successful things we did in New York. 


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti